Sunday, May 5, 2013

Why Do We Resent Successful People? - Day 384

  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear the experience of being ‘less than’ or inferior to another person – and within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to form a pattern of going into an internal competition with others where I feel the need to assert myself and prove to others that ‘I am just as good as you are’ whenever I perceive or interpret it as though another person is sharing or talking about their achievements/performances/accomplishments or are in some way acknowledging their own ‘success’ – where I within that have accepted and allowed myself to go into an experience of being inferior/less than/not as good as – and will consequentially attempt and try to obtain the other side of the polarity, where the desire to feel ‘good enough’ and ‘just as good as’ comes up within me, where I am essentially trying to balance out the internal fear and negative experience of ‘not being as good as another’ through going into an internal competition where I feel the need to assert myself to be able to obtain the positive experience of being ‘just as good as’.

  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to form an automatic pattern of wanting to, and believe that I require to, assert myself and prove that I am ‘just as good as another’ immediately whenever another person talks about their achievements/performances/accomplishments – and within that thinking and believing that another person will ‘think less of me’ or see me as inferior if I do not respond in the sense of letting them know that whatever they can or have accomplished is something that I have accomplished or am capable of as well – and so within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to fear that I will ‘think less of me’ if or when I do not prove to myself and to others that I am ‘just as good as them’ .

  • I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to immediately and automatically go into the mind and compare myself to other people/another person whenever a being share/talk about an achievement/accomplishment – and within this I forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to attempt and try to validate a belief/idea/perception of myself in relation to being ‘just as good as the other person’ through going into and participating within an internal competition where I give value to and participate within the fear of ‘losing’ in the context of internally experiencing and perceiving myself to be inadequate and inferior and so within that feed and empower the desire to be able to validate a perception of myself as being ‘just as good as’ or better than/superior to the other being – where I within this forgive myself that I have accepted and allowed myself to be and become spiteful within me whenever I perceive it as though another person is bragging in the sense of attempting to appear as ‘better than’ or superior in some way – where I have allowed that perception of others to be and become a trigger-point within me where I will automatically respond through going into the tall poppy syndrome as a result of my internal fear of being seen as less than/not as good as/inadequate – and so within that go into resent because of another person’s achievement and my perception thereof merely because of my own internal fear of not being able to validate a belief/idea/perception of myself in relation to being ‘just as good as others’ and due to the desire to be able to obtain the internal experience of being better/superior.

  • Within this I commit myself to assist and support myself within situations/moments where I perceive it as though another person share/talk about their achievements/performances/accomplishments or are in some way acknowledging their ‘success’ and in where I within me see that fear of being/being seen as less than/inferior to emerge within me and so the want/need/desire to assert myself and prove to others that I am ‘just as good as you’, I within that take a moment to slow myself down, where I breathe and ground myself here – and so within that see, realize and understand that I do not require to prove anything – and so instead I take my place within myself where I move myself out of the fear and so the desire and instead direct myself where I decide to accept myself, and so realize that I do not require to externally assert myself or make myself seem ‘just as good as another’ because within me I stand as and within that point of self-acceptance for myself unconditionally. And so within this I commit myself to practice this point of simply remaining here, where I slow myself down and simply listen to and focus on what the being is sharing, where I direct myself to listen instead of attempting and trying to come up with some form of response within the mind which will ‘prove me just as good as’ but instead I give myself self-acceptance and so move myself out of the competition and instead place my focus and attention on what is really here as the interaction I am participating in.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis